Friday, May 9, 2008

Victor's First Surgery....dah dahn dahhhhhh



"I didn't get much sleep last night because I couldn't rest my head without it hurting severely."

Victor had his "bald spot aka shrapnel wound" removed yesterday. According to the dermatologist, it was a "nevus sebacious" (say that fast three times). It had started to grow some funkiness on it, and after the confirming biopsy, we decided to have it removed, as there was a small chance of it becoming cancerous later in life. Victor was very brave and charmed all the nurses and the doctor who performed the surgery. We wanted to videotape it, but they said no. Bummer.

I was pretty surprised when I came back in the room after surgery to see a 1 1/2 incision. I was thinking it would be a coupla' stitches and a band aid. Nope...eight stitches, not counting the ones inside. Victor gets to take off his head bandage this afternoon. Stay tuned for pics.










y

No comments: